NEW! Planner I - Utah County
Utah County is seeking a full time Planner I to work under the general supervision of the Planning Supervisor to perform county planning duties relating to zoning, property addresses, census data, and other long-range planning matters. Salary range $49,628.80 - $57,033.60 DOE plus benefits.
• Gather and analyze statistical and research data regarding planning and land use.
• Act as a technical assistant to various boards and commissions; review customer applications to appear before various boards.
• Design and draft graphs, charts, maps, photographs, and other illustrative material.
• Direct and participate in field investigations of land use.
• Coordinate planning projects; provide the public with assistance in current planning matters such as zoning, business licensing, property address, and census data.
• Review site plans and subdivisions for conformance to development requirements of Utah County; coordinate information between other county reviewing departments and applicants.
• Assist in developing goals and policies; assist in the writing of plans.
• Issue County addresses.
• Assist in presentations before the Utah County Planning Commission, Board of Adjustment, and County Commission.
2. One (1) year of work experience performing civic planning activities.
3. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
County Planner - Lincoln County, WY
Lincoln County, Wyoming has an immediate opening for a full-time planner in the Office of Planning and Engineering to advise the county planning and zoning commission and the county commissioners on matters related to development. The salary range for this position is $55k to $65k DOE. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Lincoln County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
County Manager - White Pine County, NV
White Pine County is seeking a full time Appointed County Manager to be the Chief Administrative Officer responsible for Executive, Administrative and Human Resource duties of Government operations. Salary range $115,000-$140,498 DOE plus competitive benefit package.
A completed White Pine County Employment Application, copy of resume including copy of college transcripts, and three (3) letters of professional recommendation must be submitted to the Personnel Office at the above address or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM Friday, October 8, 2021.
Operator II/Driver - Tooele County
Tooele County is seeking a Operator II/Driver to join our team. The Operator II/Driver will perform skilled journeyman level equipment operation to construct, maintain, and repair and help with the day to day functions of the Solid Waste Facility within Tooele County. Must provide a copy of a current driving record and a copy of your CDL license.
• Maintenance and daily inspection of loaders, dozers, roll offs, excavators, forklift and skid-steer
• Sort, push, bury, compact Municipal Solid Waste
• Assist in delivery and maintenance of residential garbage cans and compact sales
• Works on tipping floor and other areas with garbage, sorting, manually handling etc.
• See full job description for other duties
Road Operations Specialist I-III - Tooele County
Tooele County is seeking a Road Operations Specialist I-III to join our team. The Road Operation Specialist I-III will perform semi-skilled heavy-duty truck driving duties to haul or tow a variety of materials, equipment, tools and will be engaged in the construction, maintenance and repair of roads.
• Operates semi-tractor or ten-wheel dump truck to pull low-boy or tilt deck-trailer to transport heavy equipment such as loader, backhoe, grader or dozer from one job to another.
• Performs weather related flood control work and snow removal duties.
NEW! Policy Analyst - OLRGC
The Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, a nonpartisan office serving the Utah Legislature, is seeking a full-time Policy Analyst. A Policy Analyst conducts public policy research and analysis for individual legislators and legislative committees, commissions, and task forces.
Policy Analysts must be able to maintain neutrality and objectivity, regardless of their personal beliefs: specifically, she/he must be able to work with legislators with different party affiliations, opinions, and political philosophies, and be able to conduct objective analysis on various public policy positions. Additionally, Policy Analysts must be able to work in a team environment with legislative attorneys and other legislative staff who have varying areas of expertise and experience.
• Research and conduct in-depth policy analysis
• Identify and communicate policy options during the development of draft legislation
• Staff legislative committees
• Advise legislators on the application of legislative rules and process
• Prepare policy briefs, memoranda, briefing papers, and presentations
• Track relevant federal and state legislation
NEW! Administrative Assistant - OLRGC
The Office of Legislative Research & General Counsel is a nonpartisan office serving the Utah Legislature. Administrative Assistants perform a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks for analysts, attorneys, legal research, and bill & data management teams. This role also includes staffing legislative committee meetings, participating in work groups, and proofreading legislation.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
• Providing administrative and clerical support to assigned legislative staff teams, including mailing, scanning, faxing, copying, compiling electronic documents, and maintaining and organizing written and electronic files
• Answering telephones, responding to emails, managing calendars and contacts, and scheduling meetings
• Formatting documents, including letters, legal or policy briefs, memorandum, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel spreadsheets
• Communicating meeting and general office information to legislative staff, legislators, and the public
• Assisting with legislative meeting logistics, including posting meeting notices and agendas, organizing and distributing meeting documents, reserving meeting space, and communicating meeting information to attendees
• Attending legislative meetings and preparing meeting minutes or notes
• Proofreading documents for proper format, accuracy, and style
• Assisting legislative staff with data entry and research
• Providing occasional receptionist duties as assigned
NEW! Deputy Director, Economic Development - Davis County
Under the guidance and direction of the Community and Economic Development Director, performs professional and administrative work in regional economic development, regional economic development planning and sustainability, negotiating financial incentives such as loans and grants, managing special projects, and tracking community resources and development.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in business management, urban planning, economics, public policy, public administration or a related field. A related Master’s degree is preferred.
Requires six (6) years of full-time progressive professional experience in economic and/or regional planning. Experience must include budget administration, supervision, and a record of success related to economic and/or planning project development
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
NEW! Payroll Administrator - Davis County
Under the direction of the Human Resources (HR) Deputy Director or designee, incumbent is responsible for the administration, development and processing which support the Davis County payroll system. Coordinates closely with the HR Benefits Administrator, HR staff, the Clerk/Auditor’s Office and Information Services. Requires compliance with county, state and federal payroll policies, rules and regulations. Processes, monitors, and ensures accuracy of timekeeping systems, payroll & deduction records, time entry, leave tracking and exception resolution.
Bachelor’s degree in human resources, accounting or a closely related field, plus four (4) years of general accounting experience, two (2) of which must be in payroll operations and computerized payroll systems experience. Comparable experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
NEW! Event Planning Intern - Davis County
This position performs a variety of duties in coordinating activities related to the Great Salt Lake Bird Festival and Antelope by Moonlight Bike Ride. This may include planning entertainment/activities, marketing events and soliciting sponsorships. This position may also assist with other County sponsored events held throughout the summer.
Assists with Committee functions and coordinates various activities with appropriate committee members. Assists in soliciting sponsorships for the events; contacts businesses and organizations and solicits support and participation. Plans activities for event attendees.
May represent Davis County Tourism at local festivals or other community events. Works extended flexible hours in preparation for and during County events. Operates a motor vehicle in a safe manner and in compliance with all Utah laws and regulations. Performs related duties as assigned.
Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university actively seeking a Bachelor’s OR Master's Degree in experience design, recreation or business management, marketing, parks/recreation, or a closely related field. Experience in sales, marketing, sponsorship, event planning or operations, recreation planning, or a directly related field is desired. A desire to work in the Events or Tourism industry after graduation is preferred.
NEW! RSVP Volunteer Coordinator - Davis County
time employment; an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered. Preference for training and/or experience working with volunteer programs and/or 55+ population. Preference for fluency in Spanish and English (fluency defined as proficiency level in both languages as evidenced by the ability to verbally interpret from English-to-Spanish and from Spanish-to-English, as well as the ability to translate written documents from English-to-Spanish and from Spanish-to-English).