UPDATE: Grand and San Juan Counties have joined the Distributors and Janssen Settlement and will begin receiving payments for Year 2.

County allocation percentage for the opioid settlement funds for Years 2-18. Grand and San Juan Counties joined the settlement late and will receive payment along with the other counties for Years 2-18.

County allocation percentage for the opioid settlement funds for Year 1. This payment excludes Grand and San Juan Counties.

Opioid Settlement Payment Estimates by County

ESTIMATED amount each participating county will get for each payment and when those payments will come.

These estimates are for Year 1 only.
Grand and San Juan Counties joined the Settlement and will receive payments starting in Year 2,
and as a result, other counties will receive less. 
Year 2-18 estimates will be posted soon.

Frequently Asked Questions

What can funds be used on?


Priorities for the funds as determined in the MOU that all participating counties signed are:

  • Naloxone of other FDA-approved drug to reverse opioid overdoses

  • Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) distribution and other opioid-related treatment

  • Expanding opioid-related treatment for pregnant & post-partum women

  • Expanding treatment for Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS)

  • Expansion of warm hand-off programs and recovery services

  • Treatment for incarcerated population

  • Prevention programs

  • Expanding syringe service programs

  • Evidence-based data collection and research analyzing the effective of the abatement strategies within the state


Details and examples can be found within Schedule A and Schedule B of the MOU.

What are the reporting requirements?


Counties must:

  • File a plan on how they will use the money for the upcoming year with the administrator before June 1 of each year.

  • File a report on how they used the money for the previous year with the administrator before July 1 of each year.

  • Maintain at least five years of records on the expenditures of settlement funds.

  • Publish a report on their website detailing how money was spent at least yearly.

When do we get the money?

  • Payments started going out to state and local governments across the country in May of 2022.

  • Once payment information is established, the administrator will send them to you by July 1 of each year.

  • If you have not received your payments, contact the administrator at DirectingAdministrator@NationalOpioidOfficialSettlement.com or (888) 441-2010.

Who is the administrator?

  • BrownGreer PLC was selected by the Enforcement Committee and other parties to administer the settlement money and track the usage.

Does the State have access to any of the county money?

  • No. Money is sent directly to counties and counties get to decide what to do with it.

Does the State have any oversight over the county money?

  • Only in that if they suspect a county of misusing funds, they can request documents and report the county to the administrator. Counties can also do this to the State or other counties.

Can funds be carried over into the next year?

  • There is no requirement that all funds have to be used each year, but reports still have to be filed.